Members of ArcGIS Online Group Can't See Content if Added Automatically

06-07-2019 05:56 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've recently added members to a group using the automatic (no invitation) option but the new members can't see everything that existing group members see. I have to remove the new members from the group and use the invitation option for them to see all of the group's content. Does anyone know why the automatic addition differs from invitation now? Thank you. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
rachelg_esri
Esri Contributor

Good morning Gregory!

We just tried to reproduce this issue here in Support Services but couldn't reproduce the problem in our own organization. A few questions for you:

- Does this issue occur in all groups? If you make a new one, does it reproduce this issue?

- What are all of the group settings on the group?

Thanks!

- Rachel

Esri Support Services

Rachel Guttmacher
ArcGIS Online Technology Lead
Esri Support Services
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Rachel, 

Thank you for your reply. This has happened in two groups; one that's a few years old (Forest Pest) and a newer group created in February (GDS Branch Story Map).ForestPestGroupSettingsGDSGroupSettings

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I created a new group with the same settings and added members automatically. Everyone could see all of the group's content so I'm not able to reproduce the scenario in which they couldn't.  

0 Kudos
rachelg_esri
Esri Contributor

Thank you for testing that, Gregory!

I'm not sure what happened with your original group, but I would recommend creating a new group and going from there. Alternatively, we can take a look at the group on our end if necessary, but the quickest resolution for you will be to make a new one. Feel free to call us for a support case if you'd like us to dig into this a little further! Be sure to mention the GeoNet URL as well.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Rachel

Esri Support Services

Rachel Guttmacher
ArcGIS Online Technology Lead
Esri Support Services
0 Kudos