Select to view content in your preferred language

Map Viewer Symbology Not Rendering Correctly

Jump to solution
12-20-2022 11:30 AM
GIS_utahDEM
Occasional Contributor II

I have a hosted feature layer with multiple views, and the symbology is showing up correctly when I add a view layer to Map Viewer, but when I add the main hosted feature layer the symbology doesn't render even though the settings are exactly the same. When I review the style tab, it shows that there should be multiple features matching each of the symbols -- but they all jsut show up as grey points. When I add a view layer (which was made with the same symbology), there are no issues and it shows up correctly. There are ~800 features/points right now -- so a lot but shouldn't be too many to impact the rendering (one of the view layers has about 500 and it shows up correctly). If I add this layer to a new map it doesn't show up at all (very confusing) even though the symbology wasn't changed. 

The symbology utilizes types and sizes applied for two different fields -- using various "government" category point symbols. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

You set that when you publish from Pro or ArcMap. When publishing through Online UI its enabled by default. You could set query through the REST admin endpoint 

https://developers.arcgis.com/rest/services-reference/online/update-definition-feature-service-.htm

I did a quick search online and found a UCIP beta layer and it only had these capabilities on the service

Supported Operations:   Apply Edits   Extract Changes

vs. I would expect this to be present so we could query the layer for features, stats etc. used for renderer. 

Supported Operations:   Query  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you share the web map and layer and I ca take a look.

0 Kudos
GIS_utahDEM

@RussRoberts It's a restricted critical infrastructure layer, and my beta testing map does not have the same issue so unfortunately I can not  -- is there settings or details I can screen shot for you? 

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

does the layer have query enabled? that makes me think the features are there but it cannot be queried so its not being styled as expected. 

0 Kudos
GIS_utahDEM

Where would I enable that? When I create a view layer of the whole thing the symbology shows up fine -- just not the main/master layer. 

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

You set that when you publish from Pro or ArcMap. When publishing through Online UI its enabled by default. You could set query through the REST admin endpoint 

https://developers.arcgis.com/rest/services-reference/online/update-definition-feature-service-.htm

I did a quick search online and found a UCIP beta layer and it only had these capabilities on the service

Supported Operations:   Apply Edits   Extract Changes

vs. I would expect this to be present so we could query the layer for features, stats etc. used for renderer. 

Supported Operations:   Query  

0 Kudos
GIS_utahDEM

Thanks! That layer is the testing/demo version of this process. So it should be ~ the same, I'll try that out! The layer itself was cloned and the view layers created in API for python -- so I probably just missed that in the update definition the first time around. 

0 Kudos