Select to view content in your preferred language

Map Viewer Related Records Portal

Jump to solution
06-20-2023 10:31 AM
Labels (3)
MelissaSalich
Frequent Contributor

In this blog post, it's showcased how related records are configurable within the pop up in map viewer. 

When will related records in map viewer be available in Portal?

14 Replies
JonBrandt115
Occasional Contributor

I don't know where to post a bug for the new Map Viewer in Portal?  But I'm trying to use the custom labeling option "Use expression </>" .  Because my data source is a map image layer it will not give me this labeling option.  In Map Viewer Classic it does give me the option whether it is feature service layer or map image layer.  Please fix as I'm trying to use the custom label: $feature.ASSOCADDRESS + TextFormatting.NewLine + "City Utility Material is-"+ $feature.MATERIAL

0 Kudos
LaurenBallantyne
Esri Contributor

Hi all, Map Viewer added related record support for non-hosted feature services in v11.2. Map image layer support will be available in v11.4, which is scheduled for Q4 of 2024. Note that feature services must be at least v11.2 and map image layers must be at least v11.3. To leverage related records in the pop-up, the related layer/table must be in the map and a relationship must be defined on the service. Hope that helps clarify things. Here's the help documentation for authoring steps.

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

We are talking about feature services here though right?  They are what would have all the relates.  Is that support there Q4 2024?  Bit of a bummer as the original date posted was end of 2022 for all of this I think. 

We really need this soon with old map viewer ending life.  It just so critical.  How can you have a RDBMS with no R?  This should have been at the top of the list not the bottom.  It is just too much of a core feature.  Thanks

The help link you added makes it sounds like all this is there already?

Note:
Related records are supported for ArcGIS Server feature layers, hosted feature layers, and table layers. It is best practice to configure pop-ups for all layers involved in the relationship.

Also we are seeing that the directions look like you need to add one relate at a time where the old map viewer they all came in automatically.  Can we get that back?  We have 20+ so it gets tiresome.  

0 Kudos
Adam_blaine
Occasional Contributor

Thank you @LaurenBallantyne! That's exactly what I needed. I was able to successfully show related data in the 11.3 Map Viewer popups from a feature service. I'm definitely looking forward to the functionality being rolled out for Map Image services also because that's how I would've implemented it today if it were available.

@DougBrowning- Yes, this is available in a feature service. Map Image functionality coming soon.

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW
Frequent Contributor

@LaurenBallantyne when you state: 

Map image layer support will be available in v11.4... Note that feature services must be at least v11.2 and map image layers must be at least v11.3.

Wouldn't they all just be v11.4? I'm very confused by your answer...

0 Kudos