Map Viewer Pop-ups Fields list for layer with related tables lists all fields from all tables

08-05-2022 07:28 AM
JMitchell
New Contributor III

I have recently noticed that in the Pop-ups customization panel, the Fields list section for a layer I have that has several related tables displays all the fields from not only the layer itself, but all of its related tables.

This behavior did not happen in the past and is not present in an existing map I made using the same layer and tables several months to a year ago.

For example, the layer itself has only 13 fields; In the existing map, I only had 6 of the 13 enabled in the Fields List, so the section displays a count of "6/13 fields".

However, when I add this layer and tables into a new map or look at the "Visualization" tab in the item page, the Fields list in the Pop-ups customization panel shows a count of "6/165 fields".  

Is there a reason I am seeing this behavior?  Was something changed in the Map Viewer semi-recently that may have caused this?

Having all these useless fields listed in the "select fields" list makes little sense.  The layer has 8 related tables, so the "select fields" list exposes Global ID, Object ID, Edit tracking, etc fields for every table and the layer...

0 Kudos
0 Replies