Manage Map Areas not updating in AGOL for deployment to Collector

01-08-2019 03:03 PM
twirth
by
New Contributor

Hello,

I created a web map to use in the new Collector for ArcGIS App. I was experimenting with labels, since they now show up in Collector, which is great, but in the end I decided not to use them. 

Even though I have now removed the labels and they are not showing up in the web map, they are showing up in the "Manage Areas" setting where you define your offline map areas (Settings -> Manage Areas). Because the removed labels are showing up in the map within the "Manage Areas" Screen, they are being packaged for offline use and delivered to devices using the Collector app.

I don't see another way to get rid of the labels now other than creating a whole new web map. Has anybody experienced this and have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Troy

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Troy,

Thank you for bringing this up. I have just noticed that this issue has recently been logged as a defect in the software and is in the process of being fixed. 

As a workaround, try managing your map areas in one browser tab and enable/disable your labels in a completely separate tab. This should fix the issue for you. If not, you may need to create a new web map and new map areas until this issue has been fixed.

Hope this helps!

Cody

0 Kudos
twirth
by
New Contributor

Thanks Cody,

Sorry for the late reply but I did just end up creating a new web map.

Troy

0 Kudos