Looking for a source which lists Arcade limitations across products?

Jump to solution
07-09-2019 11:57 AM
Thomas_Z1
New Contributor III

I have an attribute expression using in a popup which is shown in a ArcGIS web map but not in a web app or in collector.

var relatedData = FeatureSetByName($datastore,"RelatedData")
var filteredRelatedData = Filter(relatedData, Concatenate("id=", $feature.id))
var orderedFilteredRelatedData = OrderBy(filteredRelatedData, 'date DESC')
var newest = First(orderedFilteredRelatedData)

if (IsEmpty(newest)) {
    "n/a"
}
else {
    var installDate = newest.date
    newest.name + " (" + Text(installDate, "Y-MM-DD HH:mm:ss") + ")"
}‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

I have already resigned to the fact that this does not work in ArcGIS Collector. And now it seems that this is also not working in a web app. This is really frustrating.

However, I am looking for a web page or document which lists Arcade limitations across all ESRI products. Any idea where I do find something like that?

PS. I do know that above Arcade expression is not performant.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi moosetraveller ,

Glad to hear it is working. It's OK to mark Joshua's answer as the correct one. 

For "debug information" I would probably use "Console" statements in the Arcade expression to track what is happening at certain points of the expression. 

Thomas_Z1
New Contributor III

Thank you for your hint with the Console function!

I did not know that it also prints to a JavaScript console.

It's not really documented: https://developers.arcgis.com/arcade/function-reference/data_functions/#console

XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi moosetraveller ,

That is good to know. Thanks for sharing!

0 Kudos
Thomas_Z1
New Contributor III

Thank you Joshua Young‌, that helps already a lot!

It answers my question.

I found the following source but my understanding is that the web app we use runs with ArcGIS JS 3.29 aka newest version:

https://developers.arcgis.com/arcade/guide/faq/#why-doesnt-my-expression-work-in-my-web-app-but-it-d...

I have analyzed the source code of the web (map) app by using a developer console. It seems to be ArcGIS JS 3.29. Therefore, Arcade 1.7 should be supported according to the matrix. But it's actually not... or I miss something.

ArcGIS JS 3.29

0 Kudos