(location) Search Tool in MapViewer New Version

Jump to solution
08-04-2022 06:49 PM
Labels (1)
RichardLi_ON
New Contributor

Seems there is no (Location) Search Tool available in new Version of MapViewer on ArcGIS online, this makes create bookmarks a little difficult when working on the Webmap. While the classic MapViewer has the tool on the map all the time.

So the question is: How to use (Location) Search tool in MapViewer on ArcGIS online?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

There is a Search tool available in new Map Viewer, though it is not automatically displayed as it was with Map Viewer Classic.

To find Search, go to the Settings (light) toolbar (on the right) and click Map Tools at the bottom of the Settings toolbar. Map Tools enables you to open the Search as well as other tools, such as Direction, Measurement, and Location.

Search.png

If you want to always display a search tool for viewers of your map, then a good solution is to use one of the Instant Apps (like Basic Viewer) and configure it to always display an open search tool.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BernSzukalski

There is a Search tool available in new Map Viewer, though it is not automatically displayed as it was with Map Viewer Classic.

To find Search, go to the Settings (light) toolbar (on the right) and click Map Tools at the bottom of the Settings toolbar. Map Tools enables you to open the Search as well as other tools, such as Direction, Measurement, and Location.

Search.png

If you want to always display a search tool for viewers of your map, then a good solution is to use one of the Instant Apps (like Basic Viewer) and configure it to always display an open search tool.

0 Kudos
Ibuddy66
New Contributor

I feel like this should be a basic up front easy to find and always displayable field right in the main map viewer here.  Otherwise it makes the map viewer sort of useless for alot of people and clients.  

ArmstKP
Occasional Contributor III

@BernSzukalski When using Field Maps, the search option must be in the webmap, as Field Maps only opens webmaps.  Also, I don't get the search option in my map tools:

ArmstKP_0-1693411545633.png

0 Kudos
BernSzukalski

My original reply was over a year ago when we did have Search within the Map Tools, but things change (sometimes quickly) over time... The Search tool has since been moved out of the map tools and you should see it above zoom in/out, home, and hide interface:

BernSzukalski_0-1693413115255.png

As for ArcGIS Field Maps, as I sign in to Field Maps and view the list of maps that I have access to, I can see the Search at the top.

BernSzukalski_1-1693413732212.jpeg

Unless I am misunderstanding your issue, everything seems to be working as expected.

0 Kudos