Limits of a Feature Service Published to ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
06-17-2015 01:32 PM
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

Hi there,

I am working with a customer with land parcels. ~500k

I know that ArcGIS Online can draw 1000 features in one view, however is there a theoretical upper limit of how many features can be uploaded?

Using a hosted service is not practical in this instance as they dont have an onboard ArcGIS Server.

Using a hosted service from a third party that has the land parcels (ie Council) is not possible in this instance as they have added attributes to the tables.

If anyone knows the answer or can give some user experience of dealing with large numbers of data services published from Desktop to ArcGIS Online as a Feature Service that would be appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi John

I just invited you to a group where you'll see all parcels in New Zealand, also titles and owners.

You can upload a couple of ways, add a zipped file GDB as an item and publish it, or share a web layer from Pro.

Uploading a GDB is faster but doesn't set default display properties.

Big uploads take some time to publish.

You can display > 1000 features in Desktop.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 Replies
BruceHarold
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi John

I just invited you to a group where you'll see all parcels in New Zealand, also titles and owners.

You can upload a couple of ways, add a zipped file GDB as an item and publish it, or share a web layer from Pro.

Uploading a GDB is faster but doesn't set default display properties.

Big uploads take some time to publish.

You can display > 1000 features in Desktop.

Regards

JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for this information. (I should have added >1000 features by default)

Data looks good and I will advise the customer around the suggestions.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi John,

You could sign-in to ArcGIS Online from ArcMap.

Then with your MXD file ready to get published, go for File > Share as > Service. Follow the instructions in the wizard.

In Service Editor, change the capabilities to feature access. Then go to Parameters > Properties. Increase the maximum no. of records returned by the server (By default, it is 1000).

Think Location
0 Kudos