Lead Service Line Inventory - customer verification dot shifts left

Jump to solution
12-14-2022 10:45 AM
Labels (2)
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

Hi.  In using the Lead Service Line Inventory solution, I noticed the verification dots move or shift left when switching between yes and no.  On the material point symbology, the left half circle is Utility, and the right half circle is Customer, as per the solution description.  When I set the Utility Side Verified attribute to yes, and Customer Side Verified attribute to no, the utility dot disappears as expected, while the customer dot shifts left, giving the appearance that the utility side has not been verified, but customer side has been verified.

verified=no for both

JayHodny_0-1671043136729.png

Utility verified = yes, customer verified = no;  dot has shifted left suggesting utility side has not been verified and the customer side has been verified

JayHodny_1-1671043208520.png

JayHodny_2-1671043268466.png

JayHodny_3-1671043421100.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayHodny

Here is what I have learned since my initial post.  If either of the Status fields are <Null>, the circle appears white.  Changing either Status field to a choice in the domain other than Null, updates the half-circle symbology.

To prevent the dots from moving in Pro (in my case when I changed the Utility Verified to Yes, the Customer dot shifted left), go to Labeling in the main ribbon and click on Expression to open the Arcade expression. for the ServiceLine layer.  Near the bottom of the pane, uncheck 'Remove extra spaces' if checked.  In so doing, the spaces in the expression are honored.

JayHodny_0-1672763845240.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Looks like that's a label class.

Looking at the labelinginfo at the service level that field is driving the dot. 

:{"expression":"if($feature.utilverified != \"Yes\" \u0026\u0026 $feature.custverified != \"Yes\") {return \" ●●\"}\nelse if($feature.utilverified != \"Yes\" \u0026\u0026 $feature.custverified == \"Yes\") {return \"●\"}\nelse if($feature.custverified != \"Yes\" \u0026\u0026 $feature.utilverified == \"Yes\") {return \" ●\"}","title":"Unverified Service Lines"},"

Map Viewer shows the label class with the arcade expression

RussellRoberts1_0-1671050795654.png

RussellRoberts1_1-1671050825586.png

0 Kudos
JayHodny

I sent in a request for tech support.  They were able to repeat the behavior.  Also, when I added new points in MapViewer Classic, they appeared as white.  I was informed that if the Utility Status and Customer Status fields are completed, then the half-circle symbology shows up.

I am searching for online help with this solution.  Despite a couple of videos and the usual bulleted help Introduction to Lead Service Line Inventory—ArcGIS Solutions | Documentation I am not finding much else.  Any links would be appreciated.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Is the behavior localized to Pro? I was not able to see the left side adjustment when collecting in Map Viewer and entering the various values. of Yes & No. 

RussellRoberts1_0-1671542195486.png

0 Kudos
JayHodny

Hello.  Since my initial post and working with Esri, here is where I am at.

I opened the ServiceLine feature service using “Map Viewer Classic with full editing control,” and was able to add a couple of points.  However, the color symbology is not present, all I see are white circles regardless of the point choice I make to create a new feature (see screen shot).  For the verification dots, the behavior seemed fine when I switched between yes and no, the dots did not move left. 

JayHodny_0-1671543169110.png

I then opened the web map in Field Maps and could see the newly added points (all white) from the Map Viewer step above.  I added new point, the correct symbology was present, and the dots did not move when I updated the verified fields, although at one point I thought the customer dot did move left.  I was unable to repeat the behavior when I tried again.  It does seem to be happening in Pro only.

0 Kudos
JayHodny

Here is what I have learned since my initial post.  If either of the Status fields are <Null>, the circle appears white.  Changing either Status field to a choice in the domain other than Null, updates the half-circle symbology.

To prevent the dots from moving in Pro (in my case when I changed the Utility Verified to Yes, the Customer dot shifted left), go to Labeling in the main ribbon and click on Expression to open the Arcade expression. for the ServiceLine layer.  Near the bottom of the pane, uncheck 'Remove extra spaces' if checked.  In so doing, the spaces in the expression are honored.

JayHodny_0-1672763845240.png

0 Kudos