Layers are inaccessible/not responding when added to map in ArcGIS Online

Jump to solution
07-19-2016 08:15 AM
deleted-user-t80PGWgEXLgV
New Contributor

I have quite a few feature layers that I routinely use in my maps on ArcGIS Online. I've never had any issues before, but today, some of the layers suddenly aren't responding in the maps. Everything was working fine a few days ago. Even stranger, the error is only occurring with some of the layers, and when I log out and log back in, different layers are getting the error. Any ideas as to what could be causing this? I tried using a different browser, and also re-adding shapefiles from my computer, but nothing's worked so far.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue! The ArcGIS Online Health Dashboard ​ has been updated to reflect the intermittent issue that occurred this morning. This issue is has been resolved.

Thanks,

Kelly

View solution in original post

10 Replies
PhilipOhlinger3
New Contributor

I have the same issue today - I was in contact with ESRI support this morning, and am waiting to hear back what the issue is.

0 Kudos
JosephSegretto__GISP
New Contributor III

Are the layers hosted feature services in ArcGIS Online, or are they from your own ArcGIS Server?

0 Kudos
PhilipOhlinger3
New Contributor

Mine are all ArcGIS Online hosted. I've changed nothing on the layers, but the last few days they have been slow to load, and today they don't load at all.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-t80PGWgEXLgV
New Contributor

Joseph: mine are also hosted feature services in ArcGIS Online. Philip: interesting to hear you're having the same issue. The last few days they have been slow for me as well.

0 Kudos
PhilipOhlinger3
New Contributor

I manage multiple ArcGIS online accounts, but it is only affecting one of them. I checked the others and they are all functioning normally. I'm thinking it is an issue with just one of ESRI's servers, as it is not affecting all accounts. Really frustrating though, as a client needs to use the system ASAP...

0 Kudos
PhilipOhlinger3
New Contributor

Also, if I wait a long time some of the layers will load, but will disappear after I zoom around the map. The problem is present on multiple machines, as well as when accessing the data via collector on a mobile device.

0 Kudos
JosephSegretto__GISP
New Contributor III

Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions that will help you with hosted feature services.  If you were hosting them on your own ArcGIS Server, I would recommend you stop and start the services.  Occasionally this happens on our ArcGIS Server and a quick stop/start fixes the problem.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

my suggestion would be to contact customer support.  Since it is only affecting some accounts...and maybe one of there servers, maybe they aren't showing as an issue on ArcGIS Online Health Dashboard so maybe they are not aware of it?  Not know the actual infrastructure of Online, I don't know if that could be an issue or not.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this issue! The ArcGIS Online Health Dashboard ​ has been updated to reflect the intermittent issue that occurred this morning. This issue is has been resolved.

Thanks,

Kelly