Layer unable to load in ArcGIS FieldMaps

Jump to solution
01-11-2021 07:30 AM
JoshBillings
Occasional Contributor II

Hey guys,

I am in the process of switching from Collector to Field Maps. I have a layer that is unable to be loaded in Field Maps, but it shows up fine in Collector.

The error code I get is:

Domain: com.arcgis.runtime.error

Code:3017

Description: The requested field was not found.

Any idea what this may be?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tigerwoulds
Occasional Contributor III

Not sure if this pertains here but I've seen this error with Collector if the SHAPE Fields are hidden from the attribute table when you publish.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
tigerwoulds

Not sure if this pertains here but I've seen this error with Collector if the SHAPE Fields are hidden from the attribute table when you publish.

JoshBillings
Occasional Contributor II

Yes, that worked! I reuploaded the layer from ArcPro making sure the SHAPE Field was visible.

Thank you!

BoulderCityGISAdmin
New Contributor

I just wanted to add to this because it did help solve my issue but I found that layers will not download for offline use in collector or field maps if any layers have any fields hidden when you publish a service on arcserver and use it in an arcgis online map.  The map was showing as available offline but would error out every time you tried to download it on a device.  Making all the fields visible cleared the error.

0 Kudos
FinneyCountyGIS
New Contributor III

I ran into this issue as well and check the SHAPE field. It was on. However another piece to this error is if you are using SUBTYPES, the SUBTYPE field has to be on as well. My error read just a little different but same code.

"Domain: com.esri.arcgis.runtime.error
Code: 3017
Description: Geodatabase field not found."

tigerwoulds

Good catch. I've found, in general, it's best practice to publish services with all fields on/visible, then hide them on the front end from the map viewer or else where. 

FinneyCountyGIS
New Contributor III

Words of wisdom! 

0 Kudos