I am in the process of switching from Collector to Field Maps. I have a layer that is unable to be loaded in Field Maps, but it shows up fine in Collector.
The error code I get is:
Description: The requested field was not found.
Any idea what this may be?
Solved! Go to Solution.
I just wanted to add to this because it did help solve my issue but I found that layers will not download for offline use in collector or field maps if any layers have any fields hidden when you publish a service on arcserver and use it in an arcgis online map. The map was showing as available offline but would error out every time you tried to download it on a device. Making all the fields visible cleared the error.
I ran into this issue as well and check the SHAPE field. It was on. However another piece to this error is if you are using SUBTYPES, the SUBTYPE field has to be on as well. My error read just a little different but same code.
Description: Geodatabase field not found."
Good catch. I've found, in general, it's best practice to publish services with all fields on/visible, then hide them on the front end from the map viewer or else where.