Labels/halos causing webapp to crash on new IPad?

Jump to solution
12-18-2017 08:29 AM
ScottTreaster
New Contributor II

My AGOL WebApp constantly crashes on our new IPad.  After a little investigation, I have narrowed it down to the labels, or more specifically it seems to be the halo affect on the labels.  If I remove the halo affect, my webapp works properly.  Any suggestions?

16 Replies
NathanBruce1
Occasional Contributor

Is there any chance this bug will be solved soon?  Its an annoying issue, it seems that we fought so long to get decent labels in AGOL.  I'm sure that there are users who never considered that the Halo is crashing out their webapps for fieldworkers or general public. 

0 Kudos
ScottStopyak
Occasional Contributor II

Same problem here and its a big problem for my organization because we have many web app builder apps and they all have labels with halos and we use lots of ipads. Redoing labels on every layer in every map isn't a practical solution for us.

DavidForbuss1
Occasional Contributor III

Yeah I really wish they'd fix this.  I need the halos for displaying labels over aerial imagery.  

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

2 Years after this question has been posted, has this been looked into?

Any plans at ESRI to fix this problem? 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Verita Admin‌,

The bug for this issue mentioned earlier in the thread was marked as resolved in the October ArcGIS Online release:

BUG-000093906: Web maps that display a hosted feature service inclu.. 

I quickly tested this on an iPhone 7 running iOS 13.3 using Safari - I loaded a Web Map that had a Hosted Feature Service with 1,000,000 points and labels with halos and it loaded/displayed the labels without any issues. 

Are you still seeing the issue on any of your Web Maps/iOS devices? If so would you be able to let me know the device/browser specs or share your Web Map so I can take a look on our end?

Thanks,

-Peter

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We will be testing this once we update IOS to latest version.

AlisonMynsberge
New Contributor III

I'm having an issue with the Information Lookup web app on an iPad (6th generation) running iOS 13.3 and 13.3.1.  Removing the halos *and making sure I had reasonable min/max scales set up on all layers in the map* fixed it.  The map that the app was based on also failed to work properly before the change.

0 Kudos