KML file from the web being parsed incorrectly by ArcGIS Online

09-15-2017 07:54 AM
RamonMisho
New Contributor II

I download a KML file from the Web. I import it to GoogleMaps and both the map and the legend are displayed correctly. I add the same KML to ArcGIS online and the map looks OK but the legend entries are incorrect; they look like this "hovLane" or "icon-1899-DB4436-nodesc-normal" when the entries are supposed to show the correct highway names.

The displayed legend entries are the values of "styleUrl" in the KML (XML) file. 

Looks like ArcGIS online is not working properly when reading the KML file.

Can this be resolved#?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ramon,

The best thing to do in this situation is to contact esri tech support about this issue.

MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

Hi Ramon -

Thanks for asking your questions and welcome to the GeoNet community! I wanted to let you know that we're moving your question to the https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/arcgisonline?sr=search&searchId=b247a2ae-8b3e-4a8d-... space so our Esri and user subject matter experts can further help answer this and future questions.  So you're aware on how and where to post your questions, here's a few quick tips and reminders:

• First, use the GeoNet search (top right corner by your profile icon) to search and see if your question has already by asked/answered previously.

Thanks again for contributing and I hope this helps and let us know if you have any questions.

Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs
0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Try contacting tech support or sharing your KML layer.

0 Kudos