Item Details: Where can i find the button to publish my Service Definition?

Jump to solution
07-19-2016 12:50 AM
ErikaBaumann
New Contributor III

Since the item details where updated i am not able to find the button to publish the service defintion. Is this no longer possible?

Is there somewhere a current explanation about service definitions in general?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Erika,

The publish button won't appear for SD files if there is a reason that you can't publish from the particular SD file. Here are some possible scenarios to check for.

1. Do you have publishing privileges? If not, the publish button won't appear.

2. Does a feature service for this Item already exist? If so, the publish button won't appear on the item details page as it has already been published.

What is the workflow that you are currently following? Do you usually upload the sd files manually or publish from ArcMap or Pro?

Thanks,

Kelly

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Erika,

The publish button won't appear for SD files if there is a reason that you can't publish from the particular SD file. Here are some possible scenarios to check for.

1. Do you have publishing privileges? If not, the publish button won't appear.

2. Does a feature service for this Item already exist? If so, the publish button won't appear on the item details page as it has already been published.

What is the workflow that you are currently following? Do you usually upload the sd files manually or publish from ArcMap or Pro?

Thanks,

Kelly

ErikaBaumann
New Contributor III

Dear Kelly

Thanks for your answer.

1. Yes I have publishing privileges.

2. That was my mistake.

Erica