Issues with on premise content in Microsoft Edge Browser?

05-03-2018 09:03 AM
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Esri/GeoNet Community, 

We're looking for anyone who may have experienced or may be currently experiencing this same issue. 

When we view any ArcGIS Online application (Map Viewer, Operations Dashboard, WAB) with on premise content (hosted on our internal ArcGIS Server)  using the Microsoft Edge Browser it results in an error displaying the data. In AGOL Map Viewer or WAB it states that "The layer can not be added to the map." In Operations Dashboard the data simply cannot be displayed, and results in an error message "Not Fully Configured". (Please see attached)

We do not have this issue in any other browsers, Chrome, IE, Firefox, and Safari all work without issue.

We have been able to narrow down that this is strictly an internal network issue (everything is accessible off the network) and confirmed that this is not a firewall issue. We have also confimed with IT that our organization has no restrictions set on our Edge Browsers as well. 

One more detail, when using Fiddler this content is viewable and results in no errors or issues. We are aware that Fiddler inserts it's own certificate, but are not sure how we can use this evidence.

We are working closely with our IT department as well, but they are just as puzzled as we are. 

Thank you!

40 Replies
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Derek, 

Sounds great, thanks so much! I look forward to hearing from you. 

BrianFausel
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Derek,

We had a support case open and since closed as well (#02094066). We tried a variety of things and were not able to nail anything down. The case was left with a question for our IT to see if there was any device on the network that might be caching requests between the internal Edge browser and the ArcGIS Server. IT is not aware of any device doing that, though he was not able to rule out the firewall as a possible problematic source. We'd be happy to be a test site for the support crew working on the bugs if needed.

DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Brian,

Belated thanks for your input and comments.

> We'd be happy to be a test site for the support crew working on the bugs if needed.

I believe we're still trying to find/determine good repro scenarios to track down bugs.

Thanks

0 Kudos
LauraGillespie1
New Contributor II

Hi Amanda,

We are also experiencing the same issues with layers not being added/displayed while using the Edge browser.  Have you had any progress?   My next step is to contact support.  

0 Kudos
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Laura, 

Unfortunately we have not yet found the solution to this issue. 

Just out of curiosity, where are you hosting your services? AGOL, Portal, or ArcGIS Server?

We also contacted Esri support but the case resulted in it being an internal issue and that support was unable to help us. If you do end up contacting support feel free to reference our case # 02107067.If you happen to discover the fix, please reply to this thread. It looks like a handful of other organizations are also facing this issue.

LauraGillespie1
New Contributor II

Yes, I forgot to mention our services are hosted internally using ArcGIS server 10.4.1.   We have just told our clients to not use Edge at this time.  I will keep everyone posted

LauraGillespie1
New Contributor II

Well, no resolution after speaking with ESRI support.  Edge can hit the rest service page, display any service using the Javascript viewer, but cannot display any service using the ArcGIS online viewer.    At this time the work around is to NOT use Edge.    I can live with that answer.

This is our internal server, not configured with HTTPS, or web adapter.  Those could be possible security issues with Edge.

Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Laura, 

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear that support was unable to help. 

Hopefully if enough organizations raise their concern and respond to this thread, we may be able to eventually find the reason/ as solution. 

Thankfully Edge is not one of our primary browsers or preferred by any means. It's just unfortunate that some of our users still use it and Esri's documentation says it's 'supported' but yet it doesn't work. 

In addition, we are using an internal server that is configured with HTTPS and a web adapter. 

0 Kudos
BrianFausel
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for the update, Laura. Sounds like your scenario is the exact same as ours:

"Edge can hit the rest service page, display any service using the Javascript viewer, but cannot display any service using the ArcGIS online viewer... This is our internal server, not configured with HTTPS, or web adapter."

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you share your case number? I am looking into the cases to try to identify the trends.

0 Kudos