Is there any documentation o how to read the AGOL activity log?

12-03-2020 07:30 AM
AsafEvenPaz
Occasional Contributor

I have created an activity log for a specific feature layer on AGOL but I'm having trouble understanding it. I am specifically trying to understand if any changes to the schema of this layer has been made and if so who made it and when. 

I am attaching the log in case someone can help me decipher it...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hello @AsafEvenPaz ,

Here's a little bit of information on some of the fields in this report that might be most helpful to focus on:

• The Actor field will provide information on what account is making the change.
  • The ClientID field lets you know on what application that change is being made
  • The Created_utc field will tell you when that change is being made.
  • The Data field is providing the JSON of what specific change the Actor is making.
  • The Request field gives the URL of the request made to that change.
    • Taking a look at the Data and Request fields will help you identify what item is being changed, and how it's being changed.

I'll provide some links below for documentation that explains each of the rows in the table in further detail:

Report Fields: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/reference/report-fields.htm

Exploring the Organization Activity Log CSV: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/administration/exploring-the-organization-ac...

I hope this helps clear up some of the details of Activity log for you!

Have a great day,

Abby

0 Kudos
AsafEvenPaz
Occasional Contributor

Abby,

Thank you so much for the detailed response.

Looking at my log I see several instances in which the item I am querying has been "updated". Is there any way to get more details on what was updated?

Here is an example for one of these requests:

"/sharing/rest/content/users/aevenpaz_Cadasta/5af53f1fca33476bae843120dde4b9bc/items/dfd35c50be40479faa29cc6fc12d65b0/update"

0 Kudos