Is there a way to share webmaps with everyone in my company (not Esri Organisation) rather than everyone on the internet??

06-30-2020 11:15 AM
Priscilla_MbamaAbasi
New Contributor II

I do not want to share data with everyone on the internet but just people in my company who may not necessarily be a member of my ESRI organisation. What is the best way to do this? And can they have access to the webmap based on they having a company's email address?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SamButler2
Esri Contributor

Hi Priscilla,

You can share to other ArcGIS Online users who are not a part of your organization by creating Groups. You can add other ArcGIS Online users to these groups and share content within the groups. This documentation goes over how to create groups, editing group properties and settings and shared update groups.

Regards, 

Sam 

Priscilla_MbamaAbasi
New Contributor II

Thanks Sam. I tried to create a group and invite ArcGIS Online Users but I only got the option to add members in my organisation only.

0 Kudos
SamButler2
Esri Contributor

Hi Priscilla, 

When inviting users, there should be a switch like this one that allows you to only search for users in your organization

Make sure that this switch is flipped off so you can search for user throughout ArcGIS Online.

Regards, 

Sam 

0 Kudos
Priscilla_MbamaAbasi
New Contributor II

Thanks Sam! This is really helpful, I'll try it soon.

0 Kudos