Is there a way to hide fields of a table in a feature layer (hosted)?

08-02-2021 06:39 PM
vkosti_4Dglobal
New Contributor

Hi

I have created a map through ArcGIS Pro and published it online. I now want to restrict some of the fields of the feature layer from public access?

I have a feature layer (hosted) consisting of 7 layers. When I go to Visualization > Under more options > the set view definition option is not available in the list.

Any ideas on this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
VickiEnriquez
New Contributor III
Hello,
You can create a view layer from the host layer and then on the view layer go to the visualization tab, click the ellipsis, click set view definition from the list and then click define fields that will give you the list of fields available and you can set what fields you want to be visible. Then save your layer and add it to the map. Hope this is helpful.
vkosti_4Dglobal
New Contributor

@VickiEnriquez  Thank you for your reply! I thought there was a way without creating the view layer as I have done it before, but maybe this option is not available anymore. 

0 Kudos
VickiEnriquez
New Contributor III
You can hide fields on the table on the map, but I found that when I shared the map the people could still see them. If there is another easier way please keep me posted. I would love to use it.
0 Kudos
vkosti_4Dglobal
New Contributor

Exactly, hiding fields from the table on the map does not turn them invisible to the public - Neither from the Data tab > Show/Hide fields option. I believe that this was the setting that I used in the past but now does not function as I would like. If I found out, will let you know. Thank you again!

vkosti_4Dglobal_0-1628112822359.png

0 Kudos