Is there a way to display just a Time and not a Date in ArcGIS Online?

Jump to solution
05-24-2016 01:36 PM
ISP_graynic
Occasional Contributor II

When I bring a layer into ArcGIS Online from ArcMap, the Time field in the attribute table converts the times to dates.  For example, instead of 3:00, the Time attribute becomes December 30, 1899.  I haven't found a way to display the time in hh:mm:ss or even just hh:mm format.  I created a Date/Time field by combining the date and time and tried to get it to display only the time, but it always wants to show the date too.  Does anyone know how to get ArcGIS Online to display a time and NOT a date in the popup or attribute table?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ISP_graynic

Found the answer to my question.  It's not possible.  According to ESRI "Storing time alone is not supported—time must always be a component of a date."

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

This is the only information that I can find on configuring time Configure time settings—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

0 Kudos
ISP_graynic

Thanks Dan.  It looks like that is for setting up the data to use the time slider in ArcGIS Online.  That is useful to know.  Even when you do that though, it want's a date and a time so the time field comes in as December 1899 and then a time.  There has to be a way to just show the time.

0 Kudos
ISP_graynic

Found the answer to my question.  It's not possible.  According to ESRI "Storing time alone is not supported—time must always be a component of a date."