Is there a way for a public account to browse my organization's 'home page' and all of the content that we have shared with the public?

03-11-2019 10:33 AM
AZendel
Occasional Contributor III

I did search for this answer before starting this post, but came up with nothing. 

If my organization's home page is http://xyz.maps.arcgis.com/home/index.html, how can I direct a public user to view all of the content we have shared with the public. Doing a general AGO search for our organization only returns a fraction of our publically shared content. And the user must search for very specific keywords/tags that they may not think of. A lot of content from other organizations is returned in the search results as well. I don't want them to have to sift through all of that.  When I go to http://xyz.maps.arcgis.com/home/index.html and sign in with a public account, it returns "The username you entered is not a member of this organization". That's true, but I'd like a public account to be able to browse all of our public content. 

I imagine I'm missing something pretty simple here..... Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BryceGardner2
New Contributor III

It is not currently possible to search for all the content made public by an organization.

It is possible to view all content made public by an AGOL user account by adding "owner:AGOLUSERNAME" to the search box.

If you only have one user that disseminates your data, then you're in luck!

0 Kudos
JohnBrockwell
Occasional Contributor III

create a tag "public" and use it.

Data would be better managed by creating a public group and adding all your public content to that group

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Any content that is shared with everyone can be searched by the public. If you want users to be able to navigate to your org url and browse your gallery, make sure anonymous access is disabled on your organization:

Configure security settings—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

This allows users who have not signed in (anonymous) to navigate and browse public content in your organization.

Thanks,

Kelly