Is there a size limit to attachments to records on services shared on ArcGIS Online? Can it be changed?

Jump to solution
04-20-2017 01:36 PM
BSpaulding
New Contributor II

I'm editng a shared service on ArcGIS Online (hosted by ESRI at ArcGIS.com). I'm trying to upload an attachment to a record. I see how to do that, but am only successful with attachments less than 10MB.  Is there any way to upload attachments larger than 10MB - for example, PDFs?  I ask because I know this is doable in a geodatabase in the Desktop 10.X version, and it would really be useful to our project to be able to upload an attachment larger than 10MB on a service shared on ArcGIS Online.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Bob,

There is a maximum of 10MB for attachments added through the browser: Manage hosted feature layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

You can work around this limit by manually sending upload part requests to the rest api, or attaching the large attachments in ArcGIS Desktop and publishing the data through ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro.

-Kelly

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Bob,

There is a maximum of 10MB for attachments added through the browser: Manage hosted feature layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

You can work around this limit by manually sending upload part requests to the rest api, or attaching the large attachments in ArcGIS Desktop and publishing the data through ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

Do you have to add the attachments in Pro to a geodatabase?  I tried just now doing it in Pro on a hosted feature layer but it appears that is not a workaround.  I wanted to attach my plat sheets to my subdivision boundary layer.  Looks like I will have to find a way to compress these files or switch them to JPG from TIF.

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos