Is it possible to preserve attribute fields with identical names when performing a Join Analysis on ArcGIS Online?

04-27-2020 06:07 AM
KimberlyMyers1
New Contributor II

Is it possible to preserve attribute fields with identical names when performing a Join Analysis on ArcGIS Online? I have a hosted table joined to a hosted feature layer. Both sources have a field named "Condition." The joined view layer appears to have dropped the "Condition" field from the table, but retained the "Condition" field from the feature layer. Is there any work around to retain both fields? If not, is it possible to modify the name of the source fields without deleting the joined view layer? I have a dashboard that is built on the joined view layer that I would like to avoid recreating.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
KimberlyMyers1
New Contributor II

After some testing, it seems that the duplicate name is not the issue causing the dropped attribute field. I do have other identical layers that carry over (it appears that the item ID is appended to the name of the identical field from the table). Only the one "Condition" field is missing. Any idea what could be causing this?

0 Kudos