Is it possible for the infographic widget to be time sensitive?

11-25-2019 09:14 AM
JennyKuan
New Contributor III

I was wondering whether it would be possible to have the infographic widget incorporate the same type of "time awareness" that the time slider widget currently has. I have a map displaying all the type of changes made throughout a month (with the time slider widget) and in my Web AppBuilder, I have the infographic widget in the Dashboard Theme showing all of the changes made throughout the month but, I would want the data in the infographic to display the changes made daily and be synchronized with the time slider. 

I've tried using the "Operations Dashboard" to have my infographic to time sensitive and was unsuccessful. In addition, the "Operations Dashboard" does not seem to have the "Time Slider" widget so, I cannot use it.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jenny Kuan‌,

I would recommend up-voting this idea: Time slider widget for Operations Dashboard 

You are correct that in Web AppBuilder, the Infographic Widget does not sync up with the time slider in the Web Map. 

It is possible to work around the issue to a certain degree in Operations Dashboard. You can add a Date Picker Selector, then connect that to the graph of choice with a 'When Selection Changes' action. Finally, hide the Web Map and embed a Time Aware Web App to show the time slider. The time slider won't be connected to the graph, but the end user will be able to visualize time-aware data in the Web App and also filter the graph by date/time. 

Hope that helps,

-Peter

0 Kudos