Invalid name '<name>.gdb' found in input publish parameters

Jump to solution
08-19-2015 11:03 AM
JoeFaliti
New Contributor III

Trying to add an item to our ArcGIS Online organizational account from my computer and have encountered this error:

"Invalid name '<name>.gdb' found in input publish parameters"

I have checked the name for non-alphanumeric characters and still returning error.

I was able to upload this same file geodatabase a few months ago.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Thank you for sharing the additional information.

We were able to get this issue logged and it will be addressed in an upcoming release. For the time being, please ensure that you modify the title of your file geodatabase to remove the '.' during the publishing process.

Cheers,

Kelly

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
deleted-user-ix2AIDkz1uYR
New Contributor

I was recieving the same error also with a GDB that was previously succesfull.  I was able to get it to work by unchecking "Publish this file as a hosted layer".  You can publish it as hosted later if needed. 

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Hi Chad and Joe,

Are you publishing via the web browser or through ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro?

Is it possible to share the problematic file geodatabases that are causing the issue with me or via email?

Also, would it be possible for you to contact Support Services regarding this issue? An analyst can help to diagnose what is causing the issue and look a little deeper into the problem.

Thank you,

-Kelly

0 Kudos
deleted-user-ix2AIDkz1uYR
New Contributor

Kelly,

Thanks for the response. I found a solution. When you add a file gdb through AGO through browser by default it automatically adds the title based off your gdb name, which has .gdb at the end. If you leave .gdb in the title it gives this error

“Invalid name '.gdb' found in input publish parameters “

Once I removed .gdb from title it worked fine.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
JoeFaliti
New Contributor III

Thanks Kelly,

Chad's suggestion sounds good, but I'll work with you to resolve the issue when I get some more time.  This would probably be within the next two weeks...

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
JoeFaliti
New Contributor III

Thanks for the suggestion, Chad.  I'll have to try this next week...

Regards!

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Thank you for sharing the additional information.

We were able to get this issue logged and it will be addressed in an upcoming release. For the time being, please ensure that you modify the title of your file geodatabase to remove the '.' during the publishing process.

Cheers,

Kelly

0 Kudos
JoeFaliti
New Contributor III

Thanks Kelly!

0 Kudos