Intersect/select point feature (from a service) with a drawn polygon feature in AGOL Web App.

11-27-2017 11:59 PM
IsakBergset
New Contributor

Hey!

I wondering if somebody knows if it is possible to make a Web app that can do as follow:

1: We got a basemap with point features on.

2: I want to select some spesific point features by drawing a polygon over them. 

3: I want to extract the attributes from the points selected and i whant to count number of points selected.

4: The polygon that I darw should be visible after drawing.

Hope somebody as a thought on this.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

If the polygon should not stay visible, the Select widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS in the Web AppBuilder would probably be the easiest way to go (see What is Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS?—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS ).

You select the features drawing a polygon (or rectangle), it will provide a count of the features within and it allows you to view the attributes of the selected points.

However, the polygon will be removed after selection of the points.

0 Kudos
IsakBergset
New Contributor

I have tried that, and yes that works, but the real challenge is with the polygon. I want to export the drawn polygon to another web map. I have tried to find a solution in GeoEvent extension. But have not succeeded yet. 

Thank you for the answer. 

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

GeoEvent would not be the functionality to solve this. You can however create a script that does this for you and inserts the geometry into a service and publish that as a geoprocessing service and consume it with the Geoprocessing widget. How long should this polygon persist and should this only be available for the user that drew the polygon?

0 Kudos
IsakBergset
New Contributor

Yes, maybe thats the best solution. The polygon shall stay in the webmap for approximately 3-4 days and than automatically deleted. This service is intended to be running for some years. (I hope). I haveneverd tried to make a script before, but will try  

Thank you for the help 

0 Kudos