Insufficient User types, trying to invite new members to organization

Jump to solution
02-05-2020 05:58 AM
CurtHale
New Contributor II

In Arcgis Online, when trying to invite new members to our organization I get an error that states insufficient user types available.  Is this because you have to purchase subscriptions in order to invite the new members?  In other words, if I wanted to add 5 people to our organization I would have to buy 5 licenses for them to viewers, publishers, etc?  Is there something else that is causing the issue.  I have the role of creator but all administrative privileges. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Curt, 

Yes, that's most likely what is occurring. When inviting a new member it will show how many user types are left in the organization if it's at 0 then you won't be able to add more. 

If you navigate to Organization>Licenses> User Types. It gives an explanation of how many seats are available in an organization. If all user types are at 0 available then you won't be able to add more until there's another seat purchased for the organization. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Curt, 

Yes, that's most likely what is occurring. When inviting a new member it will show how many user types are left in the organization if it's at 0 then you won't be able to add more. 

If you navigate to Organization>Licenses> User Types. It gives an explanation of how many seats are available in an organization. If all user types are at 0 available then you won't be able to add more until there's another seat purchased for the organization. 

0 Kudos
CharlesBailey
New Contributor III

I have 2 seats left and getting this same message. I am administrator for the org what is going on?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Charles, 

What type of user are you trying to add into the organization? Although you might have seats left in the organization, it'll also vary depending on what type of seats you have left. You might have 2 seats that are viewers and therefore can't add a creator into the organization. 

If you would like, I can take a look at your subscription on my end to see what types are left. Please private message me your subscription ID and I'll see what is going on.

Thanks,

Luba

0 Kudos
CharlesBailey
New Contributor III

Thank you Luba, got it straightened out. I didn’t realize it took several hours for deleted accounts to become available to reassign. Thanks for your response - cob

ACFNG
by
New Contributor

Hi,

My organization account was renewed recently.We had 3 users on the ArcGIS online account.I deleted a user and tried to add a new one but it says 'organization does not have enough user types'.

What do i do please?

0 Kudos