insane rapid credit consumption

05-02-2021 05:45 AM
Labels (3)
Nermin_Ghith0
New Contributor

HI all,

I am an epidemiologist and I am new to using ArcGIS online as I usually use open-source solutions such as python or R to work with my maps. But I thought that ArcGIS online services could save me time and energy working on my maps and analytics. So far, I feel super uncomfortable, confused, and frustrated.

I uploaded a couple of CSV files with health indicators and geographical location to develop a dashboard and story. However, it consumed 100 credits in less than 12 hours and 200 credits using another account in less than an hour.

This is insane. So, before declaring this service as a falling one for my purposes, I would like to ask for your recommendations.

I tried to read different guidelines from ERSI and ArcGIS online, but they so unclear, not to the point, and misleading in my opinion.

I attach a csv file to this message to show what kind of data that I am working with.

Best,

Nermin

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

What kind of analytics are you performing?

0 Kudos
Nermin_Ghith0
New Contributor

I added the csv file as a layer feature. That is it literally. I just can not understand. I can subscribe to a higher package, yet as I can not understand the logic behind such excessive consumption, I can not do any further action.

I will contact the customer service tomorrow.

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Do you have anything else in your content you may have unwittingly added (the storage of which is burning through your credits).  If not I'd definitely contact Esri, but perhaps post some screenshots here in-case anyone spots an obvious credit burner.

0 Kudos
Nermin_Ghith0
New Contributor

Now, I removed all contents as I do not want them to keep charging my account. I have the csv files that I will use to communicate with them as I can not continue using AGOL service without understanding how the consumption is credited. I might be naive and done a mistake, yet this is still not comfortable. There should be an option showing how much a service will cost while uploading a file or asking to publish a layer. Otherwise, it is very hard to estimate the cost.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you review

Understand credits—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation

and for usage info

View and report status—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation

It might help narrow down what causes the rapid depletion

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
Nermin_Ghith0
New Contributor

Thank you. I did and i have a theory that it could be the Geocoding service linking countries to data. Yet, i have to confirm with the customer service tomorrow.

0 Kudos