Indexing problem when upgrading from Portal 10.2 to 10.2.1

Jump to solution
01-08-2014 05:20 AM
SigurdHaagensen
New Contributor
Hi,

I???m trying to upgrade Portal for ArcGIS from 10.2 to 10.2.1

Stopping portal, making backup, Uninstall the ArcGIS Web Adaptor, running the upgrade, logging in to https://portal.domain.com:7443/arcgis/home as portal admin and reinstalling the web adapter, all went well.

But re-indexing does not work as described in the documentation, after running reindex:
???Verify that 43 results appear in the list. This value is indicated at the top of the results column. If you do not see 43 results, repeat the search. When the appropriate number of results appear, the reindex is complete.???

After re-indexing making a search for owner:esri_en only returns 35 results not 43.
In addition when adding new items to portal I???m not able to find them by search.

Anyone got an idea why the reindex doesn???t work, or why the search fails?

Regards,
Sigurd
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JianboLi
New Contributor
Hi Sigurd,

Please try the following steps:
1. Stop the portal service
2. Rename your index folder
3. Unzip empty_index.zip at ArcGIS\Portal\framework\template folder to your index folder
4. Start the portal service, and then rebuild full indexes with portal admin API

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JianboLi
New Contributor
Do you see any write.lock file in index folder? If yes, stop the portal service, remove all write.lock file, start the portal service, and then rebuild full index in portal admin API.
0 Kudos
SigurdHaagensen
New Contributor
Thanks for the advice 🙂

I did have a couple of write.lock files, so I did:

• Stopp the portal service

• Deleted all the write.lock files

• Started the portal service

• Logged in to potal admin API using the portal admin account and rebuilt (full) indexes.

• Searched for owner:esri_en, the search returned 33 hits�?�

Any other hint or tricks on how to sort out this indexing problem?

-Sigurd
0 Kudos
JianboLi
New Contributor
Hi Sigurd,

3. Unzip empty_index.zip at ArcGIS\Portal\framework\template folder to your index folder
4. Start the portal service, and then rebuild full indexes with portal admin API
0 Kudos
SigurdHaagensen
New Contributor
Excellent!

Switching the index folder with the empty_index seemed to do the trick.
Thank you 😄

-Sigurd
0 Kudos
TrevorHart1
New Contributor III
Hi Sigurd,

Thanks for these instructions. We had the same issue post upgrade. The empty index fixed the issue.

One question, is it safe to delete the renamed index folders? I assume they are no longer needed?

In fact do we need to keep any of the 10_2 folders that are in the arcgisportal folder post upgrade?