In Mapviewer Beta How do you access the individual sub-layers of a published map service

04-16-2021 05:28 AM
KHeulitt2
New Contributor

This question was posted previously but was marked as "solved" and won't allow me to post on the thread.

https://community.esri.com/t5/map-viewer-beta-ques-read-only/in-mapviewer-beta-how-do-you-access-the...

The answer indicates this would be implemented before the viewer was brought out of beta, but I'm still not seeing it now that the viewer is out of beta.  @ChrisWhitmore - has it been implemented?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It looks like you can't, at least not right now. In an app based on the "new" generation of web maps, a layer list will allow you to toggle sub-layers individually.

jcarlson_0-1619040162190.png

As far as dynamically re-styling the sub layers for a specific map, you'll need to use the classic map viewer for now.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
KHeulitt2
New Contributor

Thanks Josh - I suspect you are right, but I am going to wait to see if ESRI responds before marking this as the solution.  Thanks for your response!

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Of course! You could always post this as an Idea, too, and then see if it gets marked as "In Product Plan", etc.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos