I don't understand why activating ArcGIS Pro for personal use can be easier and more intuitive. Smart engineers make a nice product but licensing the product becomes a war.

06-10-2020 07:16 AM
NixonMAGESE
New Contributor

I have purchased ArcGIS Pro for personal use but I have spent more than 10 days, countless hours trying to figure out how to activate your product. This is outrageous. Why can't it be more intuitive? Really?

4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you don't want to go the Tech Support route, perhaps you could provide some background on what you have tried and what has failed. 

In the interim, I will flag

Josh Beaton 

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Nixon,

Start with the following documentation.  This will get you started.  Just let me know if you run into any issue following the documentation or have any additional question.  

Set up an ArcGIS Online organization—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

0 Kudos
DeonFurstenburg
New Contributor

I have same problem. Have purchased my personal use ArcGis Pro 10, a month ago, but did not receive a license file.  cannot get in contact with the market office to claim my license file. No direct contact details to be found anywhere.

0 Kudos
DeonFurstenburg
New Contributor

How do I get a personal use desktop license file, I already purchased and paid the product online, but did not receive a licence file.  When starting up my Gis Program the Administration asks for a License file to be uploaded.  Cannot get to Esri to claim my License File. Tried for more than 30 days, no response.  

0 Kudos