I do not want to show time with my dates, how can I remove it?

Jump to solution
05-10-2016 08:17 AM
DonPritt
Occasional Contributor II

How can I remove the time in my dates? my date fields are showing the date with a "12:00 a.m." time in my online maps that I do not want. 

13 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@SineKelly17 Actually, there is one more thing you can double-check:

Using the ArcGIS Online Assistant https://assistant.esri-ps.com/, looking at your web map's JSON, see the dateFormat for your fields. For example below, a field that displays also the time will have 

"dateFormat": "shortDateShortTime"

AlixVezina_1-1658252354981.png

Potentially, as a workaround, you could update the JSON here with the dateFormat you need (copy-paste the value from a field that displays properly to make sure your syntax is correct).

I have a feeling this bug may be tied to the web map JSON not properly being updated for date formats when it's being updated in the web map pop-up configuration.

0 Kudos
barth0
by
New Contributor

Hi. I'm having the same problem as @davidlam123@KristinThorpe1 and @SineKelly17.

I cannot suppress time from showing up with a Date field in the Edit widget (in Experience Builder). I've formatted the Date field at every step I can think of; in Pro (formatted dd/mm/yyyy), shared as web map; in web map turned off 'Show time' for date field. However in the Edit widget in continues to ask for time.

I need the dd/mm/yyyy date, but time is totally unnecessary and takes up screen real estate.  Is there something else you would suggest I try?

Thanks

0 Kudos
TimConfare2
New Contributor III

I am having the same issue in Experience Builder.  No matter what I do the Time is still showing.  I even went into the ArcGIS Online Assistant and verified that the format is 'shortDate'.  I am using the developers version of EB.

RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

I'm also having the same issue in ExB, based on these comments, guessing it's not something that's got a solution right now?

0 Kudos