I can not share my content in ArcGIS online when using Chrome. Does anyone else have this issue?

Jump to solution
07-05-2016 04:27 AM
NickKopczyk1
New Contributor III

I called in to support and I was able to use IE as a workaround.  The problem is that on the main "My Content" page when I check the box next to the item I want to share no "share" button appears at the top.  Then when I enter the item details page, there is a "share" button but when I use it no sharing options are available (even public).  I have updated Chrome to the latest version but still have the same result.  I like Chrome as a browser so I'm curious if this is just a local machine problem.  I also am posting so that others who may have my problem will have a clue if they run into this.  Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nick, the behavior is a bug with some instances of Chrome. We're looking into it but it's been difficult to troubleshoot - it's only happened a handful of times. Haven't figured out yet what specifically is causing the issue on some machines. The behavior can vary even between machines with comparable specs / graphics cards, etc.

We'll figure it out but in the interim, unfortunately, the workaround is to use a different browser when sharing (or use item details page, if that is appropriate for the worklow). One thing you could also try is to uninstall / reinstall Chrome (I believe settings, bookmarks, etc will persist). Haven't had the opportunity to try this when we've had a repro case, but it may work..

Thanks,

Chris

View solution in original post

10 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

chrome causes issues, sometimes it is mixed content or related to raster images

Image Services for ArcGIS Online unable to load in Chrome

it is supported Supported browsers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS  but

scene views and apps have their own requirements Scene viewer requirements—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS but test your browser in that link (webgl issue)

and there are specific app issues ArcGIS apps—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The problem is that on the main "My Content" page when I check the box next to the item I want to share no "share" button appears at the top.

What exactly is "the item?"  Also, is it any and all items that have this issue or just "the item?"

Are you logging into a regular ArcGIS Online account or ArcGIS Online for Organizations?  If the latter, what privileges does your account have?

0 Kudos
NickKopczyk1
New Contributor III

The Item is any and all objects available.  In my case this is Web Maps, Feature Services, Map Services, and Web Mapping applications.  The data sources vary from being hosted by my ArcGIS Server to being hosted by AGO on my organizations account.

I am using an AGO for organizations account.  My account is an administrator and I checked to be sure that the privileges were not modified.  Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

That does help; but unfortunately, it means I am out of ideas.  I was thinking maybe a permissions issue with AGOL for Organizations, but that shouldn't be the case with an administrator account.  I don't have any of the issues you are having sharing with Chrome.

In Chrome, have you opened up the Developer Tools and loaded the "My Content" page to see if any errors are being generated?  Also, have you tried clearing your temporary files in Chrome and logging in again?

0 Kudos
ChrisWhitmore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Nick, the behavior is a bug with some instances of Chrome. We're looking into it but it's been difficult to troubleshoot - it's only happened a handful of times. Haven't figured out yet what specifically is causing the issue on some machines. The behavior can vary even between machines with comparable specs / graphics cards, etc.

We'll figure it out but in the interim, unfortunately, the workaround is to use a different browser when sharing (or use item details page, if that is appropriate for the worklow). One thing you could also try is to uninstall / reinstall Chrome (I believe settings, bookmarks, etc will persist). Haven't had the opportunity to try this when we've had a repro case, but it may work..

Thanks,

Chris

JonathanChan1
New Contributor

I know this is a year old now but I'm still experiencing this issue.

However, using Chrome's 'incognito' mode - it works perfectly. Hopefully this is helpful to someone.

0 Kudos
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III

A co-worker was having this problem in Chrome browser.  He had AdBlock turned on.  We disabled AdBlock for the AGOL Content page and his "Share" button appeared!

IanDennis1
New Contributor

Turning Off Add blocker worked for me too

0 Kudos
TI
by
Occasional Contributor II

I was having this problem (share button appeared, but clicking on it did nothing apart from causing the page to freeze - this is with Chrome Version 89.0.4389.72 (Official Build) (32-bit).

Whitelisting our ArcGIS Online site in the Ad-Blocker settings fixed it.  Thanks so much for this advice.

It's unfortunate that ESRI have not been able to resolve this properly after so many years (even it it means they have to work with Ad-Block developers to get it fixed).

0 Kudos