I am unable to be logged in to our organization AGOL account AND GeoNet at the same time. Is this normal?

11-07-2014 06:56 AM
VenusScott
Occasional Contributor III

The login information is different for our organization AGOL account and the GeoNet account. I can not use the same browser to be logged into both. I have to use two different browsers. Not a real issue, just not sure if this is by design or just a bug?

Tags (3)
14 Replies
AllisonHoff

If I change the email in My Esri will that change the email associated with my Esri Global Account. I would like the email associated with my Esri Global Account to be my main email that I check regularly - rather than a new email that I make just for that?

It seems like it would be better to change the email associated with the organization which is more temporary (someone may leave the organization but will keep their Esri Global Account).

TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor

Allison - Changing your email in My Esri will change it for your Esri Global Account. Our sites are using a single sign on which is now called your Esri Account. It will also update in GeoNet once you log on after the change.

BertKraan1

For Geonet, I would always use an account different from your organisational account. This helps keeping the work related items apart from your own online curriculum (spatial mooc for example) and, should you decide to move to another job in the future, you won't lose your points, groups, contacts et cetera.

I use a separate browser to keep them apart. IExplorer for organisational thingies, since that's the company provided standard and chrome for Geonet/personal account.

VenusScott

Bert,

They are separate accounts but both share the same email address. The user names and passwords are different for each account. I think Firefox got confused due to the shared email address?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
AllisonHoff

I have found that I do not get the error if I log into GeoNet first and then log into the organization. I even have a link to the organization homepage from GeoNet.. I can sign in there with my Organization account. This does not require a change in browsers. After I do this I can use the link Community & Forums from my Organization (under My Profile in the top right corner) to get back to GeoNet successfully.

However, if I log into my organization first I have to open a new browser to use GeoNet.