I am building an Operation Dashboard for the first time. I would like the data in a layer to update when edits are made to the feature class on SDE. What is my best option?

02-26-2020 12:09 PM
AbrahamDowner1
New Contributor III

Our organization has a CMMS that updates a feature class on SDE anytime that a work order is closed. I would like to create a visual dashboard from this data, but do not want to have to constantly update a hosted layer. What is the best workflow for this situation. 

ArcGIS 10.6.

Our GIS admin added configured Portal and Enterprise.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Abraham,

You can publish a web service from the enterprise geodatabase (aka. ArcSDE geodatabase) via ArcGIS Server (which is included with ArcGIS Enterprise). Then register the web service with either your ArcGIS Online organization or with Portal for ArcGIS (also included with ArcGIS Enterprise) - this will depend on where your using Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS (in AGOL or Portal for ArcGIS). When you create your web map, I would also set a refresh interval on the web service layer.

Set refresh interval—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

FYI: At ArcGIS Enterprise 10.6, Operations Dashboard was a separate installation for Portal for ArcGIS.

Hope this helps,