How to use Arcade Expressions to Symbolize feature by Age from a Date Field to Current Date

12-01-2021 10:44 AM
Labels (2)
NVandehei
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am trying to create a field map for use in conducting environmental surveys. The aim is to symbolize the survey area feature using a color ramp where the color is set from "Age, in days from the current date to the last date the area was surveyed. I am trying to show in the map when another survey is required (i.e. after 30 days from the current date) However, it appears I can only symbolize from the surveyed date to a static date I have to manually choose rather than it utilizing the current date. 

Is there a way to use Arcade expressions to display this symbology how I want? I am not very familiar with creating expressions in Arcade and not sure how to go about this. 

Thank you, 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Looks like somebody else had a similar issue and it was solved?  Maybe this thread will help:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-online-questions/agol-arcade-question-date-difference/m-p/10263... 

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
NVandehei
New Contributor II

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for your response. However, I am still struggling to find the solution to my issue. I may require more hand holding with this as I am not very experienced with coding expressions. Below is a snapshot of my Symbolize by Age options. I have used my Survey Date attribute to start the aging from but it only allows me to select a static date from a calendar for the symbology to age to. It also does not appear that I am able to have the option of symbolizing by age once I use a custom expression.

Survey_Age.jpg

0 Kudos