How to Upload Drone KML Imagery into Online?

03-29-2022 08:50 AM
ArryLazaridis
New Contributor II

I am trying to upload a drone photo that has been sent to me as a KML. I have converted it to a tile layer and the imagery doesn't appear when in ARCGIS Online map viewer. However it does appear when it in Arcgis PRO. Any thoughts as to why i can get it to open in Argisonline as a tile layer? 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello Arry,

After converting the KML to a tile layer, did you share it to ArcGIS Online as a hosted tile layer?  Or did you upload it directly by adding it as an item to your AGOL?

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
ArryLazaridis
New Contributor II

Hi Amanda, 

I have uploaded both a Tile Layer (Hosted) and Tile Package to ArcGIS online. for some reason map viewer doesn't display it. I am trying to display drone imagery and host it on Arcgisonline, do you have any recommendations as to how i should go about doing that? Is using a KML the easiest way or should I be using tiff files or any other?

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello Arry,

What type of software are you using to process your drone imagery? Most drone processing software gives you an option to share the data.  If it doesn't integrate with the ArcGIS platform it will take some work on your end to prep the data and upload it.  There are a couple of tutorials online to assist with this.  See link below.

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/manage-data/publish-imagery-layers.htm 

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos