How to remove Instagram field on Public Information template?

07-21-2019 11:46 AM
deleted-user-PCfEBSF2mQYm
New Contributor

I'm aware that the Instagram API is no longer supported but I cannot seem to figure how to remove it from the Public Information Template listed on github here: https://github.com/Esri/public-information-map-template-js

If anyone can help me figure out how to remove it, I'd greatly appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Parker, 

In the default.js file included in the confit folder of the download from GitHub there is an option to disable Instagram.  Find the location of this file you are using and edit the applicable line(s).   The lines are “enableInstagram”: true -  Change this to false and “instagramVisable”: true - also change to false. Both of these can be edits using a normal text editor.

"swipeType": "vertical",
  "swipeInvertPlacement": false,
  "hideNotesLayerPopups": true,
  "enableInstagram": false,
  "instagramVisible": false,
  "enableFlickr": true,
  "flickrVisible": false,
  "flickrSearch": "",
  "flickrTime": "",
  "enableTwitter": true,‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍
0 Kudos
New Contributor

Hi Lance, thank you the response.

I've gone ahead and tested setting the values for instagram to false and deleting the instagram url in index.html but to no avail. I'm not experienced in js so I'm not really sure why it's not deleting the item.

I think it might have something to do with "social_media_layer" in main.js but honestly this is just a guess on my part.

0 Kudos
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Parker, 

Make sure you are editing the files that are located on your hosing server and not just a local copy.  Information as to were the files are saved for various deployments can be found at public-information-map-template-js/README.md at master · Esri/public-information-map-template-js · G... in the deployment section

Also refresh your client browser to make sure you are not pulling in a cached webpage that is still showing the old format.  

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Webserver is set up. Hmmmm, I have no idea.

Are you able to reproduce the removal on your end?

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

I updated the GitHub repo with the latest code. If you pull the latest from the repo the Instagram option should be gone.