How to publish raster DSM in 3D to ArcGIS online?

Jump to solution
04-28-2018 02:06 PM
A_S_
by
New Contributor II

Hello everybody,

I try to pusblish a raster DSM in data format tif to AGOL. DSM visualizes tree heights.

In ArcGIS Pro I created a 3D object with this instruction: ArcGIS Pro 3D rasters? - Geographic Information Systems Stack Exchange 

Tree heights in ArcGIS Pro

Now, I try to publish this result to ArcGIS online. My only solution is to publish the layer as ground elevation layer. But I want to display tree heights, so it is not a solution for me.

Do I have the possibility to get a 3D view in ArcGIS online, as I see it in ArcGIS Pro?

Thank you for every help!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi A. S.‌,

Russell Roberts‌, let me know that you can visualize this DSM layer in Scene Viewer hosted in ArcGIS Online. You can publish the layer using Manage Tile Cache tool and then export the tile cache, creating a TPK. You can then upload the TPK to ArcGIS Online and publish as a tile layer. This process is outlined in this blog: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/3d-gis/authoring-3d-layers-and-creating-web-... 

Keep in mind that the layer should be publisshed in the same spatial reference and tiling scheme as the basemap being used in Scene Viewer.

Thanks,

-Kelly

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KellyGerrow

Hello,

If you are looking to publish an elevation service you will need to have access to ArcGIS Enterprise. ArcGIS Online can display elevation services but does not support hosting image services at this time. 

You can publish an elevation service using ArcGIS Enterprise, but another workflow for doing this and hosting in ArcGIS Online is outlined in the post below. Here is some documentation about publishing elevation services:Publish an elevation image service—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

I'd also suggest checking the world elevation service to see if this can help to create your desired effect.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Hi A. S.‌,

Russell Roberts‌, let me know that you can visualize this DSM layer in Scene Viewer hosted in ArcGIS Online. You can publish the layer using Manage Tile Cache tool and then export the tile cache, creating a TPK. You can then upload the TPK to ArcGIS Online and publish as a tile layer. This process is outlined in this blog: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/3d-gis/authoring-3d-layers-and-creating-web-... 

Keep in mind that the layer should be publisshed in the same spatial reference and tiling scheme as the basemap being used in Scene Viewer.

Thanks,

-Kelly

0 Kudos