How to get the table filter to use local time instead of UTC?

05-04-2017 07:07 PM
vanessagiles
New Contributor III

I have a Web App set up with various table views available for my users to easily export the tabular data.  This works fine except when you apply a date filter, the filter operates on UTC time instead of local time.  Is there a way of fixing this?

visual example# attached - when I apply a date filter then I lose the first 10 hours of the day and get 10 hours of the following day.

TIA 

8 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

When data is published as a hosted feature service, it is assumed that the date time is in utc. The application performs a date translation so it matches the appropriate date and time that matches your computer. If you have data that is collected in local time, you can set a timezone during publishing, from a csv or ArcGIS Pro, which will allow the server to understand that the date time data is in a local time zone, and will modify the data so it appears correctly.

Helpful links:

Work with fields—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS  (scroll to considerations with date fields)

Publish hosted feature layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Configure service parameters—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

-Kelly

vanessagiles
New Contributor III

Thanks for your response Kelly. Actually my feature service was published via Survey123 so there was no opportunity to set the local time. Is there anyway to correct it now? The times display correctly in the attribute table but as I said, the filter reads it as UTC. 

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Which app are you using? It sounds like there may be a bug with the filter.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
vanessagiles
New Contributor III

It was built using the Web App Builder.. Does that help? I can't see

anything in the settings of any use.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow

Can you share your web map and app? If not, I suggest contacting technical support.

0 Kudos
vanessagiles
New Contributor III

I can't share it publicly.  I have got someone from ESRI Australia looking into it now. Thanks!

KellyGerrow

Great. Please update the post once they have narrowed it down further!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
vanessagiles
New Contributor III

Hi, the answer is "There are actually a number of bugs that relate to UTC time being returned and their status is 'In Product Plan'. This doesn't really give us a time frame".  So lets hope it happens sometime soon.