How to delete a filter, so that other filters can display information?

12-17-2020 07:38 AM
BenjaRodriguez
New Contributor

Hi! I am working with a map that shows the main vegetation in a certain area of Spain. The problem that on top of these filters there is another filter that shows if that area belongs to a sort of national park program. This filter is not of my interest and it clashes with the other information. How can I remove this filter? I am new to the software so I am not very good at it!

Thank you!

This is the map:

https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=cac1a0ea300043ae8e1fce95c4493a4e

(everything that says natura2000 in green is the "national park" layer

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Calva_Mapper
New Contributor II

Hello @BenjaRodriguez ,

For me I have one way to take out the Natura2000 layers. The first is to go to the attribute table and click one by one the rows that say Natura2000. After you click one layer, click the  three horizontal lines that are on the top right side of the attribute table, then click center on selection, after you see that layer highlighted on the map, you can click that layer on the map and delete. Since you will be deleting this one by one its more time consuming. I'm sure there is an easier way, but that's how I usually do it.  Remember to save after you delete all the features, so all of your work isn't undone.

Also wanted to say that that seems like a really interesting map you are doing.ArcGISOnline.png

BenjaRodriguez
New Contributor

Thank you so much for answering! I have a silly question, but how can I delete the selection? And if so, would the other filters still operate to showcase the other predominant feature of that land? (such as if it is a forest, or crops or so on, beyond being part of that natural park program)

Thank you once again

0 Kudos
Calva_Mapper
New Contributor II

Hello @BenjaRodriguez ,

There should be an option to delete when you click on the feature in the map. If you can't than that means that the layer doesn't have the "add, update, delete " features  enabled.  This is done by the owner of the layer. If you're not the owner I don't think you will be able to delete Natura2000. Here is a link that talks about it more. Hope this helps. 

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/manage-data/edit-features.htm 

0 Kudos