Select to view content in your preferred language

How to create a web scene layer to share in ArcGIS Online from .MPKX

08-01-2022 02:57 AM
ThamerTarabzouni
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have received a file ArcGIS Pro Map packages files (.MPKX) that contain 3D modeling for a site. I opened it using the ArcGIS Pro 2.9. 

How to produce a scene layer from so I can work with in ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise?

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

What kind of data is it(points, BIM, multipatch)?

Are you viewing the content in a scene in Pro?

Do you have an organizational account or what version of enterprise do you have?

Some helpful doc

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/sharing/overview/share-a-web-scene.htm

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/sharing/overview/web-scene-layer.htm

0 Kudos
ThamerTarabzouni
New Contributor III

What kind of data is it(points, BIM, multipatch)? It's BIM most probably 

Are you viewing the content in a scene in Pro? Yes.  as local Scene.

The problem when I use the option to share it as a layer package so I can then view it in ArcGIS Online, I got the following errors despite the analysis step is successfully completed. It seems I'm missing something

ThamerTarabzouni_1-1659505772963.png

ThamerTarabzouni_0-1659505637508.png

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

you will need to share this as a web scene and publish a scene layer during that process. layer packages are not viewable in web apps.

0 Kudos
ThamerTarabzouni
New Contributor III

This is what I know, but the only options displayed are presented below. and ArcGIS Online doesn't open .Lyrx files.

ThamerTarabzouni_0-1659585047565.png

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Do you have an organizational account with publishing privileges 

0 Kudos
ThamerTarabzouni
New Contributor III

Yes I do.

ThamerTarabzouni_0-1659847733817.png

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

When you go to properties on the BIM layer what is the source for it? 

0 Kudos
ThamerTarabzouni
New Contributor III

Hi, Sorry for my late answer .

I'm note exactly sure what is your question about, but hopefully the below screenshot would be providing that.  

ThamerTarabzouni_0-1660709492200.png

I hope now your can provide assistance to know why I can't publish it to ArcGIS online/ 

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

That is a scene layer package. You can do either Share Web Scene which will upload that package and publish a scene layer from it or upload that package directly through ArcGIS Online> My Content > Add Item

0 Kudos