how to connect a layer in ArcGIS pro with a layer in AGOL

Jump to solution
05-29-2023 11:54 PM
Labels (1)
DominikaBujanowicz
New Contributor II

Hi, in the old version, after sharing a layer with AGOL I was able to link them together so that the changes would update automatically. However, either I am doing something wrong or this option is no longer available.

Please correct me if something is wrong:
1. sharing a layer to AGOL
2. copy the URL of the shared layer
3. in ArcGIS Pro I go into the properties of the layer and then into the source and "Set Data Source...". there I paste the URL

and here I get an error
"Network Error, cannot access (URL)".

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've never tried it your way but don't see why it wouldn't work. Typically, after I share a layer to the web I click on the feature layer in AGOL, scroll to the bottom and copy the URL from the URL box on the right. Then in ArcPro you can use the Add Data button and choose Data from Path to add the AGOL layer to your project.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MiguelParedes
Esri Contributor

Greetings Dominika,

In ArcGIS Pro, are you logged in to your ArcGIS Online (AGO) organization?

How are you sharing the layer with AGO? If so, have you followed the advice in Items in ArcGIS Online?

Or have you shared the layer from ArcGIS Pro, as described in Share a web feature layer?

Would you please describe your workflow in a little more detail, please?  

Miguel
0 Kudos
DominikaBujanowicz
New Contributor II

Thank you for your reply,

yes, i am logged into the institution and i am publishing the layer according to the instructions you attached. i would like the shared layer to AGOL which is added to the map and the application to update itself as changes are made in ArcgGIS Pro Desktop.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've never tried it your way but don't see why it wouldn't work. Typically, after I share a layer to the web I click on the feature layer in AGOL, scroll to the bottom and copy the URL from the URL box on the right. Then in ArcPro you can use the Add Data button and choose Data from Path to add the AGOL layer to your project.