How to change feature layer Display Field?

Jump to solution
07-01-2022 08:28 AM
Labels (3)
KPyne
by
Occasional Contributor

Hello, 

I am attempting to change the default "Display Field" for some layers hosted in ArcGIS Online. Most of these layers were published from Survey123 Connect. Specifically, I need it changed in the Experience Builders Edit tool (screenshot below) - but I have seen other areas that would benefit from being able to change the value.

ExperienceBuilderIssue.JPG

The default seems to be ObjectID, and altering the pop-up in Map Viewer does not migrate over to the Edit tool.

I have changed the field order using ArcGIS Online Assistant, putting my preferred field at the top of the list, but it did not change the Display Field. Is there a specific line item I can add to the JSON file? Or am I missing something very basic here....

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KPyne
by
Occasional Contributor

Update: I discovered displayfield within the "Update Definition" of the REST services in admin mode.

I was able to update the value there

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KPyne
by
Occasional Contributor

Update: I discovered displayfield within the "Update Definition" of the REST services in admin mode.

I was able to update the value there

jdelprete
New Contributor II

I am also trying this and can't figure it out for the life of me! I do the Update Definition operation, don't get any error messages or anything along those lines, but the change just won't stick. I don't have any replicas, and I'm updating the LastEditDate. Is there anything else I am missing?!

0 Kudos
KPyne
by
Occasional Contributor

Make sure you are performing the "Update Definition" on the actual layer itself, not the Feature Server. So when you first open the REST Services directory and click "admin" you need to then click on the layer you are attempting to change. THEN click Update Definition at the layer level

jdelprete
New Contributor II

That was it! Thank you so much!!!