How often are the remaining credits in an account updated?

Jump to solution
09-05-2018 02:06 AM
Raul_Jimenez
Esri Contributor

I have seen Kelly Gerrow explained feature storage credits are charged hourly based on a monthly rate, but... if I do use any kind of functionality that consumes credits, like API/Premium content, are the remaining credits in my account also updated every hour? because they are not updated in real time, right? <- test.

I guess feature storage credits are discounted just before the month finish, right?

Cheers!,

Raul

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Total remaining credits is the amount of credits available to your account. There can be a minor lag between running an event (like geoenrichment, spatial analysis, tile generation, viewing premium content) and seeing these credits reflect in the total available credits. It's rarely more than 10 minutes, but if you run a process and immediately check this value, you may experience the lag for a few minutes.

Storage credits are calculated differently in that once per hour, the storage size is determined in your organization and the total remaining credits is updated.

In your example, you are using Geoenrichment, so you are seeing the lag as described above when running a specific event. 

-Kelly

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

are you reading this to get your figures

View status—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Raul_Jimenez
Esri Contributor

Thanks Dan!

I found this:

• Storage  - ... Reports are updated every hour. 
  • Analytics  - ... Reports are updated approximately every 10 minutes
  • Subscriber Content - ...  only demographic maps consume credits at this time .... Reports are updated approximately every 10 minutes

This is talking about reports, but I'm not sure if I misunderstood Kelly Gerrow... does it also means the remaining credits I see here:

Are they also discounted to that frequency?

Thanks again!

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

That is the reports they are talking about in the link...

note the number and the next time you 'do/use' something,... compare

But I will defer to Kelly's confirmation

KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Total remaining credits is the amount of credits available to your account. There can be a minor lag between running an event (like geoenrichment, spatial analysis, tile generation, viewing premium content) and seeing these credits reflect in the total available credits. It's rarely more than 10 minutes, but if you run a process and immediately check this value, you may experience the lag for a few minutes.

Storage credits are calculated differently in that once per hour, the storage size is determined in your organization and the total remaining credits is updated.

In your example, you are using Geoenrichment, so you are seeing the lag as described above when running a specific event. 

-Kelly

Raul_Jimenez
Esri Contributor

Thank you very much Kelly Gerrow ! It is all clear now, I also have just checked my account and now it all make sense.

Yesterday I had 27.9 credits at ~12:00 and I'm spending 0.05 credits per hour as shown in this image:

So, from yesterday at 12:00 AM until today at 10:00 AM 23 tranches of 0.05 credits had to be deducted = ~1.15 credits, as I can see here in the following screenshot I have 26.76 remaining credits (27.76 - 1.16 = 26.75) <- the error is due to rounding.

So thank you so much for the clarification Kelly!.

0 Kudos
Raul_Jimenez
Esri Contributor

I have another question/situation related to this one:

We have truncated this feature service, as you can see there is no content on it, but the metadata of the item in the organization is not been updated.

My questions are:

• How do we enforce that item metadata to refresh?
  • Is the account still been charged by the 109MB?

Thanks in advance!