how many people can add to editable feature class at one time?

Jump to solution
10-23-2015 10:35 AM
AllisonHoff
Occasional Contributor III

I am making an editable feature class in an AGOO and would like a group of 30 people to input attributes to a couple of new fields that i  have already created. They will all being adding data at the same time. I think this will work since multiple people can use the collector app at the same time. Anyone have experience with this many people adding attributes to an editable feature class?

Charlie Fitzpatrick

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

You should be ok to add/edit data with any amount of named users - the application should scale on the cloud. If you end-up having issues with your 30 named users (as an example), you'd want to get in touch with Esri - there shouldn't be any reason it doesn't work well, as far as I am aware.

That being said, I don't have personal experience to give you feedback in that regard. Something you should keep bookmarked, though, if you haven't already - the health dashboard:

ArcGIS Online Health Dashboard

If you end-up having issues, I'd check here first to make sure the system is not hiccuping.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

You should be ok to add/edit data with any amount of named users - the application should scale on the cloud. If you end-up having issues with your 30 named users (as an example), you'd want to get in touch with Esri - there shouldn't be any reason it doesn't work well, as far as I am aware.

That being said, I don't have personal experience to give you feedback in that regard. Something you should keep bookmarked, though, if you haven't already - the health dashboard:

ArcGIS Online Health Dashboard

If you end-up having issues, I'd check here first to make sure the system is not hiccuping.

AllisonHoff

Thank you  - and this link looks very useful!

0 Kudos
GeorgeanneHribar
New Contributor III

I have used editable feature services with 25 students. Only two of them, "lost" their entries.  I have experienced, as Charlie would say, a hiccup when the data hits the server at the same try. Usually reentering the data works. The excitement on seeing the map populate was electric even for colleage students.

AllisonHoff

Thank you it worked!!! There were about 10 in each group that added at the same time. We will continue to add to the map during our next online PD.

0 Kudos
CharlieFitzpatrick
Esri Regular Contributor

The biggest limitation on entering data will be everyone's pipeline of connectivity. At T3G2015, we had up to 100 people doing upload/download processes simultaneously via wireless, which can overtax even many robust systems. So we uploaded data in waves after the project to synch data while minimizing overloads. The feature service should be able to handle many simultaneous inbounds as long as they have reasonable connections.