Select to view content in your preferred language

How hide attributes in the Editor on Scene Viewer

01-27-2024 04:15 PM
Don_Snow
New Contributor II

Hello, 

I have encountered an issue with 3D capabilities in ArcGIS online. 

The problem: I am creating an application for a client who wants to use it to view and manage their 3D data. that includes a 3D viewer and a dashboard. One of the things they will use the editor for is to verify and correct the ID numbers on the individual conveyor pieces in the network (This is the 3D data in question) and update the completion status of different components of each conveyor piece. 

My big issue right now is with the 3D scene layer, I can not figure out a way to manipulate the same layer that contains all attributes for 3 separate layers I want to create out of that one layer. The reason is that they need to all be connected to the same table so it can be exported for a report so I need them connected to the same service layer. I can not find a way to either hide the fields so that they do not show up in the editor on the scene viewer, or connect multiple layers to the same service definition. 

Also if there is a way to connect the tables through a unique ID in one of the applications so that I may build a full table and graphs that way that would be great as well. 

Thank you for any help

0 Kudos
2 Replies
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

Hi @Don_Snow

There are a few ways that you can determine which fields appear in the Editor.

One option is to author a form. 

When you author a form, you choose which fields appear on the form. When you do NOT author a form, then a list of all the editable fields in the layer appears by default.

Another option would be to create a separate, editable view of the layer that displays only the fields you choose. This would affect not only the editor, but any apps consuming that view.

EmilyGeo_2-1706563774889.png

Either way, these would all point back to the same service. 

Don_Snow
New Contributor II

Hello @EmilyGeo 

Thank you for the reply! I actually tried to use the form before. The issue is making a duplicate of the feature layer does not copy the scene layer as well. So while using the forms does accomplish that. I need to be able to show a total of 12 Layers all copies of the same dataset. 

There are 3 main categories (that is what the form is for, to query out the fields for each category). I then need to my 4 duplicates of each category for a subcategory. The subcategories will all have the same fields. All the data has a matching OBEJECT ID. The subcategories are easily accomplished by duplicating the scene layer and applying a different filter.

I need all of these different layers to be connected to the same service definition unless there is a way to join the tables in one of the online apps so they can export one single table containing all of the fields. 

0 Kudos