How do I Sort Pop-ups by Date in ArcGIS Online Map Viewer?

07-27-2020 07:29 AM
NathanEarle
New Contributor II

I have a layer I'm hosting in an ArcGIS Online web map. The layer is a result of a 1:M join in ArcGIS Pro. Each point representing a single location has several of its own stacked points, with each stacked point representing a different date (several records joined to one record, 1:M join). 

When I toggle through the pop-ups using the directional arrows at the top of the pop-up window, none of the dates are in order. For example, pop-up one may have a date listed as 8/25/2020 with the second pop-up listed as 9/1/2020, but then pop-up window three will have 6/2/2020. I need them all to be in order from earliest to latest.

I've sorted them in order from lowest to highest in Excel, created a new joined layer in ArcGIS Pro from the data, made sure they were all sorted in there, and indexed. The date fields are even sorted properly in the attributes table for the layer in ArcGIS Online, but still are not in order in the pop-ups. Any suggestions?

I'm not a coder, but I seem to have tried everything not involving Arcade expressions. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nathan Earle , 

Can you elaborate a bit more about why you choose to have multiple points at the same location in stead of for instance having a single point that is related to multiple records in a related table? Maybe you have a good reason for doing this, but it may not be the best way to structure your data. 

You mentioned Arcade (you tried everything except Arcade). Arcade is able to extract the information from that location and structure the data in a single pop-up sorted in any way you want. However, you do not want to do this on multiple points at the same location. It would have to do a query for each of the clicked points (you have multiple at the same location) and that would make the process redundant and slow. 

As far as I know, you don't have control on the order in which the pop-ups are presented.

0 Kudos
NathanEarle
New Contributor II

Sorry, yes that it what I meant. I have single points related to multiple records. 

I actually found another posting after I posted this stating that this can't be edited anyhow. Thanks anyway Xander. 

Nathan

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nathan Earle ,

If you have a single point feature that is related to multiple records in a table you can use Arcade to sort and structure the information. If you want me to help you with this, you can create a group in ArcGIS Online, share the content (or a portion of it) to that group and invite me using my username "xbakker.spx" and I will see what is possible. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are you still willing to offer this assistance? I am new to creating maps and have locations for trainings with multiple dates offered. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos