How do I access root folder to catalog content on ArcGIS Online?

11-07-2017 01:41 PM
ChuckBenton
Occasional Contributor

I've published lots of content to ArcGIS Servers, and can always view what's there using the server url followed by arches/rest/services.  From that I've been able to use REST services to access features and so on.

I now have content that's on ArcGIS Online and want to be able to access this in a similar manner.  Via online my base URL is cbip.maps.arcgis.com.  

Guidance at ArcGIS REST API says to put your server name in front of arcgisonline.com for your root folder.  See attached screen capture) I assume the server name in this case is cbip, (e.g. cbip.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services) but apparently that's wrong. 

I've tried numerous variations, but am stuck.  Suggestions?

Chuck

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AwesomeEvan
Occasional Contributor

you can start by going to the item page of any of your feature services... then under 'layers' section click service url 

You can then back up to the root to see all your services.

ChuckBenton
Occasional Contributor

Thanks!  That certainly resolved the mystery!  

Of course it opens a new question... I see that I need to have the layer shared publicly.  I would like to limit to a specific group, any suggestions?

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

If you want to limit the layers to a specific group, consider sharing with a group and having the users access the items through the group.

Share items—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Are you consuming the service in ArcGIS Online or another application?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
  1. Add your user name and password to the following and paste into the browser to generate a token

https://www.arcgis.com/sharing/generateToken?f=json&username=<insert_username_here>&password=<insert...

1. Go to the item details page for a hosted feature layer and copy the URL in the bottom right

1. Remove everything after rest/services

1. Add ?token=<insert your token> after services and paste into the browser