How can we have multiple users republish the same service?

08-03-2017 09:53 AM
DennisTumberg1
New Contributor II

We have a few users that need to have access to update and/or republish a service.  Our Asset Manager has created a service for trail GPS collection, but I am working directly with the field staff.  When I need changes to the service I need to have him republish the service.  How can we set up the service so either one of us can republish the service with the needed changes?  This would be helpful on other services also, so if either one of us is out the of office, the other can republish it without a problem.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Dennis,

How are you looking to republish the services? Through ArcGIS Pro, ArcMap or uploading files to ArcGIS Online/ scripting?

-Kelly

0 Kudos
DennisTumberg1
New Contributor II

We are looking at doing it through ArcMap.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Through ArcMap, you can only overwrite Feature Services that you own.

If you are an administrator, you may be able to script overwriting another users services. Let me know if you are interested in exploring the scripting route and I can look into more details.

I also suggest that you post this idea on https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-ideas?sr=search&searchId=a5669432-8efd-4435-9635-2fdaebc...

DavidFotheringham1
Occasional Contributor

I have also wondered this through ArcGIS Portal. It can get tricky if the original uploader is busy/away/left. Workarounds result in multiple versions of the service which can get messy and confusing.

0 Kudos